Taking Over Domains - Dangling DNS by John Jensen for mWISE Conference 2023
Poorly managed public DNS infrastructure is low-hanging fruit for threat actors across the globe.
Silent Push CTO, John Jensen, gave a talk on domain takeovers and dangling DNS records at the Mandiant Worldwide Information Security Exchange (2023). In this webinar, John answers:
- What is a dangling DNS record?
- Why do they represent a security risk?
- Different types of dangling records
- Common misconfigurations
- How to find dangling records
- Case studies of successful takeovers
- Sandbox demos
- Mitigation and prevention
Sign-up for the Silent Push Community App and get access to a comprehensive set of DNS auditing tools, free of charge: https://www.silentpush.com/community-edition/